Friday 12 June 2009

Run, short-arse, run!

I have just had something in WoW I haven't had for a while, a 'I could die, keep running!!' moment.

I haven't done a corpse-run* for a long time. My dwarf priest ran (rode, but same thing) from Orebar Harborage in Zangarmarsh to Area 52 in Netherstorm. No amazing achievement, but no mean feat either, as I didn't actually die. I carried on and made it to Stormspire, just for sh*ts and g*ggles.

'Twas quite exhilerating - Oddly enough the first two reference suggestions in dictionary.com are accelerating and excreting, which fairly well sums up the experience.

Friday night is nearly upon us, so I shall be at my trusty desk for one of my last Friday night runs in this house. New house/ttable/ISP beckons. Hopefully the internet connection will be better as the current one blows recently. Go Team Bubblehearth Inc!

*A corpse-run is where you run into or hopefully through an area above your level, taking hits and keeping going to get somewhere you need to go. The corpse part is due to the high incidence of death/ressurect/run/repeat depending how out of your league you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment