Finally tested the new AMD X6 rig properly, went through Old Strat, clocked 59 degrees on the GPU, and I'm told this is OK, but I can't shake the smell of melting plastic, so further tests are required. On another note, levelling Jimbelle, my 'lock next.
Help a Noob day, 2nd of October. Saw this on ZUG gaming, and am quite keen to endorse this. When I first started, my new shiny Nelf Huntard. I couldn't tell my arse from a hole in the ground, wow-wise. Luckily a very nice hunter called Brunhilda took me on a tour of Azeroth, where I levelled quickly and got an understanding of playing WoW far sharper in that day than I had in a week of wandering around Teldrassil like a fart in a breeze. I was level 10 and in Gadgetzan, FFS. Brunhilda of Moonglade, wherever you are, thank you, and because of that I'll give people boosts and stuff, and pass on my 5 years of accumulated knowledge, which I never would have got without your help.
(I)Travel to level. It's not tricky, just takes a little bravery, and hey, it's not like you can permanently die! (FYI - Never played a Hordie, so no idea what they do for this type of thing)
1. eg. If you start in the Nelf area, run to Darnassus, through the portal thingy, grab the Flight Path (Get these whenever you can) get the boat to Darkshore
2. Get a boat to Azuremyst, have a wander around the Exodar (The Dranny City) get back out, grab the Flight path, get the boat back to Darkshore, grab the flight path, come back out to the boats, find the one to Stormwind, go there. Get the flight path
3. At Stormwind, go to the tram (It's in the dwarf section) get the tram to Ironforge.
4. By now you should be at least level 5. If you're feeling really brave*, run east out of Dun Morogh (Get the flight path, see a pattern here?), north through Loch Modan, north and then west through Wetlands, and get to Menethil Harbour. Get the...? yep, flight path.
5. Then get on the boat to Theramore. Get the Flight path, (FP is an often used acronym) Swim all the way north to Ratchet (Get some water walking potions if you can) FP, etc etc. Then get the boat to Stranglethorne (Booty Bay). Once you have the FP there, you should be able to fly back to Stormwind.
6. Go back to Ironforge through flight paths and the tram (It's free), fly to Menethil again, and swim pretty much directly north to Southshore.
7. From there, run west and then north up to Silverpine Forest and Tirisfal Glades (And come Cataclysm you can visit the Worgen start zone).
8. Once you've done that, go back to each of the starting areas and do all the starter quests. By now they should be easy, and you'll get loads of rep with the home factions (useful when you do the Argent Tournament much later) and because of your efforts, you can visit all sorts of places if you get bored doing starter quest chains.
(II)Also, get the Carbonite add-on (like GPS for quests, because you WILL get lost) and grab every quest in a given area, they tend to cross over saving you time and effort for later.
(III) Be polite, others may not be, but these early days shape your experience of WoW, and you'll get out what you put in.